Come Home! Here to Stay! Excellent Pay! Great Family Values!
At Dick Lavy Trucking, we treat every driver and employee as if they were one of our own family because they are.
Our drivers are not just numbers to us – we genuinely care about each individual who works for us and we strive to create the best environment possible for all of our drivers to excel in their positions.
Benefits of Working for Dick Lavy Trucking
Loaded/Empty Miles Paid
With most drivers consistently averaging between 2,500 and 3,000 miles per week.
Starting Pay Scale
- 12 months to 5 Years Experience: $0.43 CPM
- 5+ Years Experience: $0.44 CPM
- 12 months to 5 Years Experience: $0.45 CPM
- 5+ Years Experience: $0.46 CPM
Drivers receive 1 cent/mile raise on their anniversary date up to 0.485 CPM without Hazmat and 0.505 CPM with Hazmat.
Home Most Weekends
Home time is dependent upon your home area of residency.
Freightliner Cascadias and Volvo 2015-2017 with 450/505 horsepower Detroit Diesel and Volvo engines with auto transmissions governed at 65 on the pedal and 67 on cruise.
Rider program offered to employees after 30 days. Program available March 15 through November 15 of each year. Rider must be 7 years of age or older. Riders are permitted to ride 1 to 2 weeks at a time up to 4 times a year.
- $1,200 Referral Bonus
- Stop-Off Pay - $20 per stop, Layover Pay - $100, Loading, Unloading, and Detention Pay - $16.00 per hour after 2 hours, max 5 hours
- No Slip Seating
- 99% No Touch Freight
- Tolls EZ-Pass
- Weekly Settlements
- Paid Orientation
- Travel Reimbursement - Up to a max of $250
Our Driver Facilities
Our two lounges provide drivers with the perfect place to relax and enjoy a meal, or just unwind after a truck run.
- Two Medical Plans to Choose From
- 100% company paid $25,000 life insurance
- Health and Life Insurance - Available 1st day of the month after 60 days.
- Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Critical Illness and Cancer Insurances - Available 1st day of the month after 6 months.
- 401K Retirement Program - Available for participation after one year of service automatically.
- Direct Deposit
- Access to Credit Union
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation
- After 1 year of service = 1 week.
- After 3 years of service = 2 weeks.
- After 5 years of service = 3 weeks.
I-55, I30, I-40 (Between Memphis and Little Rock)
I-91, I-84, Rt. 15
North of Atlanta Area along I-75
Along I-70, I-72 South
Most of Indiana
Along I-75, I-65 S, US 41 S
Bogalusa Area, Shreveport
Along I-70 from Hagerstown to Baltimore
Lansing Area and West
Along I-44 from St. Louis to Joplin
Near Philadelphia, PA
Most of Ohio
Most of Pennsylvania
Along I-75, I-40 W of Nashville, US 79 W of Clarksville, US 51 to Memphis
Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston areas